The case is the first thing that people see when they look at your computer. It’s also one of the most important components of any PC, as it houses all of its crucial internal components. It can also make or break a build in terms of aesthetics and user friendliness because it determines whether you’ll be able to access all the parts inside your computer with ease or not. If you’re building your own custom PC from scratch, choose a case that fits your requirements and design preferences as well as future expansion plans without exceeding your budget. Fortunately, there are different options available at different prices so you can get what you need without breaking the bank. For more information about choosing the best budget PC case for your needs, keep reading!
What to Look for When Buying a PC Case
There are a lot of aspects to consider when buying a PC case, especially if you want to get the most out of your investment. Here are some factors to keep in mind:
- Compatibility: The first thing to check is if the computer case is compatible with your components and if it has enough room for expansion. If you plan to add more hardware in the future. Some cases are not compatible with certain motherboard sizes, for example.
- Airflow: A good case should have excellent airflow to keep all the components inside cool and running efficiently. This is especially important when overclocking components for the best performance.
- Noise reduction: If you want a quiet build, look for a case that dampens noise with sound-insulation materials.
- Style and design: A stylish case is not only functional but also shows off your personality and taste.
- Materials: High-quality cases are made with durable materials such as steel, aluminium, and tempered glass.
Best Cheap Cases ($50)
If you’re on a tight budget, here are our recommended PC cases that are under $50.
- NZXT H200i – The H200i is a great budget case with a clean and minimalistic design that has a lot of cooling potential. It’s an excellent choice if you want a case with great airflow without breaking the bank. This case has enough room for a CPU cooler up to 160mm and GPU up to 340mm in length. It has two tempered glass panels for a clean and elegant look and it supports up to two 120/140mm fans with NZXT’s built-in fan hub.
- Thermaltake Versa H18 – The H18 is a cheap but stylish and functional case that has enough room for a full ATX build and more. It’s a budget-friendly case with excellent cooling performance due to its perforated front panel and included fans. It has two front 120mm fans and one rear 120mm fan, along with a dust filter that keeps dust out of your components and promotes clean airflow. The case has additional fan mounts and a built-in fan hub if you want to add more fans.
Best Mid-Range Cases ($50-$100)
If you have a little more room in your budget and want a more feature-rich case, here are our recommendations for mid-priced PC cases.
- NZXT H500i – The H500i is a sleek and elegant full-tower case with excellent cooling performance and functionality. This case has two built-in RGB LED fans and a tempered glass side panel for an eye-catching design. It has enough room for a CPU cooler up to 178mm tall and a GPU up to 388mm long and has plenty of cable management options to keep your build clean and tidy while still being easy to use.
- Thermaltake Versa N21 – The N21 is a great mid-range case that has enough room for high-end components, excellent cable management, and great cooling performance with its built-in fans designed to keep your components as cool as possible. This case has two built-in front fans and one rear, plus an included fan hub so you can add more fans if you want to. Its tool-free mechanisms make it easy to install and remove components, and its tempered glass side panel lets you show off your build.
Best High-End Cases ($100-$200)
If you want a high-quality case with excellent features and design, here are our recommendations for high-end PC cases.
- Cooler Master H500P – The H500P is a full-tower computer case with a sleek and modern design that has plenty of room for high-end components. This case supports CPU coolers up to 232mm tall and GPU up to 473mm long and provides excellent cooling performance with its included fans and four included fans. It has a fully modular panel that lets you easily swap out elements and customize your build.
- NZXT H700i – The H700i is a full-tower PC case with a sleek and futuristic design that has a lot of room for high-end components and excellent cable management. This case has two built-in RGB LED fans and a tempered glass side panel that lets you show off your build. It has enough room for a CPU cooler up to 208mm tall and GPU up to 415mm long and has plenty of cable routing options to keep your build clean and tidy while still being easy to use.
The Bottom Line
When you buy a computer case, you want to make sure that it can house all your computer components, provide ample cooling for efficient operation, and look great. A good case should be sturdy enough to last you for years and be easy to use, maintain, and clean. When choosing the best budget PC case for your needs, remember to check its compatibility with your components and future expansion plans, airflow and noise reduction features, style and design, and materials used for construction. A good case is worth its weight in gold, so choose wisely!
P.S. Spice up your computer or gaming setup. How? Find out more in our blog: Complete Your Gaming Desk Setup.